In this three part series, we will cover how to identify when customers are visiting your website, tips on how to optimize their content experience to drive revenue from existing customers and how Blackbaud increased conversions using customer content personalization.
In part 1 of this series, we covered how to identify when customers are visiting your website in order to capture a HUGE missed opportunity to drive revenue from existing customers visiting your website. While many marketers are focused on demand gen, your website can also be a tool that drives revenue in the form of upselling or cross-selling existing customers.
Once you know customers are on your site, make sure their web experience is relevant to their purchase history and previous engagement with your brand. Dynamic messaging will allow you to serve personalized content that is extremely relevant to existing customers, optimizing their website experience and helping you increase revenue. Here are just a few content ideas to serve exclusively to your customers:
- User Conferences: Remind your customers of upcoming events valuable for them to attend. If you have multiple events, use your data to segment your customers by the most relevant event.
- Training Upsells: If you can identify in your data which product a customer previously purchased, use your website to promote training for your existing customers to learn more efficient and effective ways to maximize ROI.
- Product Release Teasers: Have an upcoming product release? Give your customers special preview rights and perhaps even an option to request features or updates.
- Products That Pair Well With Current Products: Your website is a great place to cross-sell customers with compatible solutions that will help them maximize performance and increase ROI gains.
- Resources: Eliminate the need for site visitors to ever have to search through your website for information or answers to any of their questions. Also, you can hide this content from prospects, helping keep their content experience extremely relevant as well.
- Requests for Reviews/Customer Case Studies/Awards: Show your customers some love! Make sure they know they are important to you by recognizing their success through case studies, awards, etc. This content is also great for inspiring your other customers with new ideas on how to use your product or solution.
Stay tuned for part 3 where we will cover how Blackbaud increased conversions using customer content personalization.
How to Optimize Your Website to Drive Revenue from Existing Customers, PART 2