Sunday, January 26, 2014

Meet Rich Gorman of DirectResponse.net

Rich Gorman Bio

One of the most exciting things about blogging is that you never know what each day might hold. I get hundreds of emails every week from blog readers around the world and each of them has something unique to offer. A few years ago I met Rich Gorman, who has been a great friend and we’ve actually done a lot of great business together since then. Something I’ve always made sure to accomplish as a well known blogger and brand is to treat all of my blog readers (big and small) with respect and value their time. Had I not taken the time to talk with Rich Gorman in detail when we first met, a lot of opportunity would have been lost. From then til today, Rich has been quite busy and very successful in the world of online marketing and he’s got some great insight to share with you in today’s “Meet the Bloggers” interview.


1.) Please tell us about yourself and how you got into blogging?


My name is Rich Gorman and I’m an online direct response marketer, entrepreneur, blogger, and inventor. My passion is in creating disruptive business models that win market yield over competitors.


I fell into the world of blogging when I met Zac Johnson at a Think Tank event that I sponsored. Zac had an amazing brand and in my mind he was larger than life. Then I met him in person and I was even more blown away by his genius.


Zac and I took a walk on the beach and talked about ZacJohnson.com, a blog that he created to build his personal brand. I was fascinated by how Zac was able to blow his brand up online with little to no capital. From the brand he created from his blog he started earning millions of dollars online…super impressive! I was drinking the Kool-Aid.


2.) What is the focus of your blog and why did you choose that niche?


After meeting Zac Johnson I created a personal blog that was focused on internet marketing called DirectResponse.net. The blog went from a concept to over 30,000 daily unique readers in a very niche industry. All of a sudden I found myself “out there” and was getting hit up left and right by people I didn’t know. I kind of felt like a celebrity.


Then all of a sudden I started to receive threats and had a group of people stalking me…not cool. So I lost all motivation to share my thoughts, experiences, and findings on DirectResponse.net. I ended up suing 1 of the stalkers and got a $100,000.00 judgement, and got the authorities involved on another (still pending). I’ve heard of a lot of bloggers that ran successful blogs experienced the same thing. I.e. Jon Volk of JonVolk.com went dark on his blog years ago….


Still having a major passion for blogging, I leveraged my experiences from DirectResponse.net to build out blogs for a number of brands, helping to position them in the marketplace and gain leverage over the competition.


3.) How are you currently monetizing your blog traffic?


I monetize the blogs that I contribute to unconventionally. We don’t allow advertising.


- I utilize blogs to enhance the position of companies I work with in the marketplace. By creating real audiences that are engaged it strengthens the trust Brands have in the marketplace.


- Blogs are great sales tools. Referencing posts that are relevant to audiences is a major value add.


- Relationships, relationships, relationships. I use blogs to network and build amazing relationships that often turn into business.


DirectResponse Blog


4.) What do you know now that you wish you knew when you first started blogging?


The power blogs have to influence mass markets with little to no money. If you have good ideas and know how to write a blog can significantly enhance your brand online. Awesome!


5.) What are three blogs that you visit almost daily?


CopyBlogger.com
TechCrunch.com

And the last 1 I’ll keep secret ;)


6.) Can you give us three recommended tools/services that you use with your blogging?


The best tool is amazing copy. Put it all out there, no holds barred.

Utilize a great designer.

Connect with a social media expert to broadcast your stories across the web. If you can master this yourself all the better.


7.) What advice would you have for someone who is just starting with their first blog?


Pour your heart out and know that it’s a no holds barred game. You’ve gotta be willing to put it all out on the line. There’s gonna be some repercussions as some will get offended…the good that will come from your open blog will outweigh the bad.


8.) What’s the best advice or tip you’ve discovered about blogging since getting started?


I read this article by Seth Godin years ago that provided a lot of great insight: Seth Godin. Spot on.


9.) If you only had $100 to start a new blog, how would you use it?


I’d invest in lots of caffeine. Start writing.


10.) How can readers of the blog get in touch with you?


Connect with me on LinkedIn.


Thanks again Rich for taking the time to share your advice and story with the Blogging Tips community. If you would like to learn about other bloggers and how they are finding success online, be sure to read through our blogger interview series.



Copyright © 2014 Blogging Tips. This Feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this material in your news aggregator, the site you are looking at is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact us so we can take legal action immediately.

The post Meet Rich Gorman of DirectResponse.net appeared first on Blogging Tips.




Source: Blogging Tips



Meet Rich Gorman of DirectResponse.net

No comments:

Post a Comment