Friday, March 7, 2014

Want to Increase Traffic? Get Instant Results With Blog Commenting

increase blog traffic with blog commenting

Does your blog traffic suck?


One of the most frustrating things about blogging is not getting the hits you want despite working so hard to create awesome content. It sucks but it’s the reality for most of us.


When I first started my blog, I was very hopeful that it will get decent amount of traffic simply because I know I did a fine job in writing posts that freelance writers will find useful. Fast forward more than a year later and its traffic is measly disappointing. It doesn’t even reach 500 people and, honestly, that made not want to continue writing.


I thought if it doesn’t get the traffic I want, what’s the point?


So for several months the blog remained dormant. I focused on writing for other people’s blog.


That, at least, gets my work a lot of hits. My message reaches out tons of people.


But no matter how much clicks those posts get, they still won’t lift my own blog from the sewers. It still will be worthless.


So I decided to just continue writing and look for more effective ways to increase blog traffic.


I certainly can’t wait until search engines rank me high enough to attract lots of clicks.


So I went back to one method that brings instant results: blog commenting.


This isn’t new to me. 3 years ago, I dipped my hand into online marketing and helped clients create and market content. Blog commenting is one of things I did. It was something I hated because searching for blogs on topics I’m not really into can be boring. Then you have to read each post (and existing comments) so you can craft useful comments other than ‘great post!’ which usually doesn’t get approved.


The only upside to those long hours was that I learned how to find relevant blogs and became more familiar with several niche topics.


And I get to use it now for my own site.


Back then, blog commenting was a little spammy because you need to add anchor texts or use keywords in the name field. I didn’t feel good doing it but I had to.


Thankfully, I learned the right and wrong ways to comment on blogs to increase blog traffic. And those to the many articles I’ve read on blog commenting, as well as the tips people I work with shared with me.


Blog commenting tips you must do right now


Register and submit your site to blog directories


Blog directories are gold mines. You’ll find great blogs to read and comment on here. But the best thing about these is tons of publishers will see your blog. These communities can help you get enough traffic to keep you happy. Few good examples are My Blog Guest, Blogorama, and Alltop.


Set aside an hour (or more) a day reading posts in various blogs


This is very important. No matter how busy you are, make sure to allot time to actually read blogs. This is where discipline comes in. Set a goal for blog commenting. Can you do 5 blogs a day? Others do more but it’s okay if you can only commit to few as long as you stick to it.


When you comment on blogs every day, that means people will see your link every day. Not only will this improve clicks, it will also help others become more familiar with you.


Never, ever, write these things as your comment


Your comment will not get approved if they consist only of:


  • Great post!

  • Thanks for sharing this with us

  • You did an amazing job writing this

  • You’re an awesome writer!

These look and feel spammy. They will never get your comments approved. Surely you can say more than these, right?


When crafting comments, provide insights. Reiterate points that appealed to you most. Offer suggestions. You can even dispute some ideas as long as you do it constructively.


Be sincere


This will help you establish a relationship with the blog owner. That can help boost traffic to your blog because the owner will be more likely to check out your site. And if she likes what she sees, it’s possible that she shares it to her followers.


The best takeaway from this is you’ve gained a new mentor or friend. Wouldn’t that be nice?


Read previous comments


Reading others’ responses can give you more ideas on what to comment. It will also start a conversation that can lead to so many good things.


And when you read previous comments, it shows blog owners that you’re not commenting for the sake of backlinks but because you want to participate in the community.


One more very important blog commenting tip:


Don’t add anchor texts in your comments. That used to work before but it won’t look good now. It’s like advertising your site. And that won’t sit well with most people. There’s a field after your name and email where you can put your site. Don’t put it in your comment.


I’ve been working on blog commenting for the past few days. I learned from one of the awesome bloggers I follow, Ryan Biddulph, that it’s a worthwhile investment. I’m sure you’ve seen his comments in many posts in this site. Hopefully, I do a good job of blog commenting that it will increase my blog traffic significantly.


What about you? Are you satisfied with your traffic? What are the things that worked for you? Share them in the comments below.



Copyright © 2014 Blogging Tips. This Feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this material in your news aggregator, the site you are looking at is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact us so we can take legal action immediately.

The post Want to Increase Traffic? Get Instant Results With Blog Commenting appeared first on Blogging Tips.




Source: Blogging Tips



Want to Increase Traffic? Get Instant Results With Blog Commenting

No comments:

Post a Comment