Thursday, March 13, 2014

Liz Heron goes from Wall Street Journal to Facebook

Heron650

Liz Heron, currently the Editor of Emerging Media at the Wall Street Journal, will soon join Facebook to help the company develop better relations with media companies.


Heron has also worked at The Washington Post and The New York Times.



Heron announced the news in a Facebook post:


I’m thrilled to announce that I’m taking a new job at Facebook centered around the news. In this new role, I’ll have the opportunity to work directly on how Facebook partners with journalists and media organizations, at a time when Facebook is putting a big emphasis on news and mobile, two things close to my professional heart. From The Washington Post to NYTimes to my current job at WSJ, I’ve been working in journalism for a long time, and seen social media and the web transform it completely. It will be fascinating for me to approach news-gathering and storytelling from a new vantage point.


Facebook is this incredible, vast database of human experience, as my friend Allison likes to say. There’s so much news to be found here, sources to be developed, meaningful communities for journalists to build and experiments to be tried. Journalists — feel free to hit me up with your ideas!



Photo courtesy of Heron’s Facebook page.


Source: Inside Facebook



Liz Heron goes from Wall Street Journal to Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment