Friday, March 7, 2014

Remembering the Days of Good Old Regular Data

big data cartoon

I like data.


I use Google Analytics and Crazy Egg on my site to see how people use it. I track subscribers a few different ways in Recurly, I track tweets and retweets in Buffer, and between QuickBooks and Numbers, I have a good idea where my money goes.


Like I said, I like data. But even for a small company like mine, that’s a lot. So when you hear about larger companies leveraging Big Data and governments spying via metadata, it can feel like we’re drowning in data. Hence this metadata/Big Data cartoon.


I know it’s passé – but I miss the days when just watching your “hits” was data enough.


The post Remembering the Days of Good Old Regular Data appeared first on Small Business Trends.




Source: Small Business Trends



Remembering the Days of Good Old Regular Data

No comments:

Post a Comment